Friday, November 30, 2012

I'm Feeling a Little Creative Today


I've recently been in the mood to create.  I'm trying to glean some inspiration from some pieces that I've worked on in the past. 

Several years ago, when I was REALLY into ivy,  I found this old cutting board at the goodwill and added my own special touches to it by distressing, painting, and stenciling it.  I've had it hidden in a deep, dark corner above my cabinets.   I brought it out today, and I've come to realize that I still really love it.  Do you all think it looks too outdated? 

I simply adore the way it looks against the green of my country cupboard.


And against the red of my kitchen walls.....


Hmmm....I'm still wondering what I can create today?

I've got my eye on my kitchen cabinets.....



I am thinking black....and distressed!  I wonder if my man would notice??

What do you all think?  Should I go for it??????

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I say...once you go black you can't go back...But you could try painting and distressing something else to put in your kitchen and see how you like it. Living in a log cabin with it being so dark, I did choose a "fake" black marble counter with my red/wine/burgundy curtains, and love it against my gold oak cabinets. Cabinets distressed is a big project. If you don't like it, well, then you may have to get a whole new set of cabinets. ((eek)) Unless your husband says Go for it!! My thing with color is-the darker color makes the room appear smaller vs. the lighter colors makes it appear larger than it really is. Well, that's more than 2 cents work, more like a 25 cents worth... ;D And I love your board done in ivy...it looks very lovely in your kitchen.

      Love you Friend-
      Meagan

      Delete
    2. I do too, Jessica! I think I'm going for it!

      Delete
  2. I am afraid of this, Meagan. I really, really love the shabby chic style, and think the black will look great in our kitchen. If we had really high-quality cabinets, I would never paint over them, but we don't, so I'm thinking about going for it!! Love you too, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it! I painted and distressed my cabinets with a golden color. They have been this way for several years and I LOVE them. They are completely unique. I even added some cool wood pieces before and it is amazing. You should come see them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about gold, Lori!!! I will be over soon to check out your cabinets. They sound beautiful...perfect! Thank you!

      Delete